Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kaelyn Marie Wages Born January 2, 2010

January 2, 2010 about 3:00 a.m I was awaken with contractions in my lower back, I was always told by my Doctor "Dont come to the hospital unless your contractions are 5 minutes for 2 hours" So I laid there and began timing, of course they where all over the place. 8 minutes, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes so on and so on. Come 5:30 a.m. I said “forget this”, woke up Brett and called my mom and started our adventure to the Hospital. I got checked into my room and set up by about 6ish I was 5 ½ cm and about an hour ½ later I received my epidural…Thank the Lord! And within 3 hours I began to push and 16 minutes later …Kaelyn Marie Wages was born.

(Kaelyn Marie Wages)



(Wages Family and our Nurse)

We delivered at Shands Jacksonville, my mom has been one of the head nurses their in the labor in deliver/nursery for 20 something years. It allowed us to feel completely comfortable knowing that the doctors and nurses that would be taking care of me as well as our little girl are the same people that my mom works with everyday, and she WOULD NOT let just ANYONE deliver and take care of her first Grand-baby! Shortly after Kaelyn was born they took her to the nursery to get all cleaned up and My Mom was able to give Kaelyn her first bath in the nursery and we also were allowed to have my mom, Brett's mom, older sis Kristen, younger sis Lindsey in the room to share in the experience. We had an amazing Doctor, her name was Dr. Best and even though she was our Back up Doctor we were truly blessed knowing we were in her hands.

(My Mom giving Kaelyn her first bath)



(Dr. Best and Kaelyn)

January 2nd was the second best day of our lives, with a healthy, beautiful little girl and a perfect delivery. Our stay in the hospital was wonderful, but when the time came to come home we both could not be more excited. The nights at home with just our family were amazing, Kaelyn was sleeping at least 6 hours during the night from the time we got home! Even though we had no idea what the next several weeks, months and years would have in store for us we could not wait to walk this journey that was now started.

(Holding Kaelyn for the first time)



(Heading home from Shands Jax.)

No comments:

Post a Comment