Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kaelyn's Dedication

Brett and I made the decision to have Kaelyn dedicated at Mt. Zion, which is the church Brett grew up in and we have been attending since before we were married. Some people ask why do you get a child dedicated? The way I answer that question (my own opinion), is because we want Kaelyn to be raised in a church/christian home. Having Kaelyn dedicated is allowing that statement to be out spoken, Brett and I as Kaelyn's parents will be held accountable by our families and our church to make sure that Kaelyn is being raised in a christian home, and that we as her parents are staying on top of our daily christian walk as well. When Kaelyn is older and comes to know Christ on her own she will than have the opportunity to make her own decision to follow Christ but until then we as her parents are responsible for her growth with the Lord. The Day was amazing, besides her HATING the big, huge, gigantic dress she had on...everything was perfect. All of our families came out and supported us and our decision. All her G-parents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Great G-Parents. The day was topped off with lunch with family at Outback! (Yummy)!



(Beginning of the Dedication)



(Mommy, Daddy and Kaelyn)



(Brother Gene, Brett, Kaelyn and I)


(Uncle Kenny, Aunt KK, Brett, Kaelyn and I)



(Gma Trixie "my mom", G-Daddy "my dad", Brett, Kaelyn and I)



(Uncle Matt, Brett, Kaelyn and I)



(Aunt Lindsey, Kaeyln and I)



(Mammie, Pappy, Aunt Tracy, Brett, Kaelyn and I)



No comments:

Post a Comment